Usual types of delusions are:
- Erotomania: delusions that another person, usually of higher status, is in love with the individual
- Grandiosity: delusions of inflated worth, power, knowledge, identity, or special relationship to a deity or famous person
- Jealousy: delusions that the individual’s sexual partner is unfaithful
- Persecution: delusions that the person (or someone to whom the person is close) is being persecuted or maliciously treated in some way by people at home, at work, or in the social circle.
- Somatic: delusions that the person has some physical defect or general medical condition or has a body image disturbance.