- Excessive daytime sleepiness (hypersomnia)
- Loud snoring that disturbs the sleep of others as well as self
- Intermittent pauses of breathing during sleep which can be observed
- Abrupt awakenings accompanied by shortness of breath,
- Awakening with a dry mouth or sore throat
- Morning headache
- Difficulty staying asleep (insomnia)
- Excessive daytime drowsiness,
- Fall asleep while working, watching television or even driving
Cardiovascular problems such as high blood pressure (hypertension), stroke, heart attack, heart failure, irregular heart beat with a cardiac event.
Daytime fatigue with irritability., difficulty concentrating, mood swings, behavior or scholastic problems in children.
- Complications with medications and surgery
- Sleep-deprived partners.
- Memory problems
- Morning headaches,
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Hyperactivity in children with a misdiagnosis of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).